SPORTING MINIs - Soccer Developmental Program
WHAT IS SPORTING MINIS?
It is an introductory soccer program for young children to learn the fundamentals of the game. This program is the building block for future participation in the Sporting Wichita Club more structured recreational and/or competitive programs/teams. This program is required of all young players to participate at their age level to be considered and determined if their participation in more advanced programs is an option for them. Parents are encouraged to be a key element in this program as well as our qualified coaches that are trained in the fundamental development programs to enhance the participants' experience.
WHEN ARE SPORTING MINI’S PROGRAMS OFFERED?
We offer our sessions at different times during the physical soccer seasons. With the growth of the program we offer a session during the fall season, winter season and spring season. These sessions run for different time periods, 8 week sessions, during the fall and spring seasons. During the winter season we offer a 4-week session, and 6-summer sessions.
We require all participants to attend a weekly practice session during the designated time periods. One practice per week. These practice sessions are held on the Sporting Wichita practice fields and during the winter session on the indoor practice field.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Boys and Girls ages 3, 4 and 5 years of age.
WHERE ARE THE SESSIONS HELD?
Stryker Sports Complex, 2999 N. Greenwich Rd., Wichita, Ks. On the designated fields that the Sporting Wichita teams practice.
The club reserves the right on occasion that practices are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances at the facility practices are held. These practices WILL NOT be rescheduled and no refund will be issued.
WHO COACHES/TEACHES THE SPORTING MINI’S PROGRAMS?
Sporting Mini’s is taught by highly trained professionally licensed coaches of the Sporting Wichita coaching staff. Coaches have been trained to work with and/or younger children as well as incorporating age-appropriate activities.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO WE NEED?
- Each player MUST wear shin-guards to every session.
- Soccer cleats are highly recommended(during the winter session, tennis shoes or indoor soccer shoes are required), bring a drink for the participant.
- Shin-guards and soccer cleats can be purchased at any local sporting goods store.
- All participants are required to bring a #3 soccer ball. Balls are available to purchase at $15 from the club.
- All new participants will be also given a jersey/t-shirt to wear at ALL practice sessions.
HOW ARE SESSIONS RUN?
- Parents are required to be present and participate with their child during these sessions.
- Our curriculum develops the physical and social aspects of the child, while developing their gross motor and cognitive skills, to create technical and confident soccer players at the younger ages.
- Every player will learn dribbling moves to improve confidence on the ball which leads to mastery of the ball.
- We use small-sided games to reinforce the new concepts they are learning.
- Players will be challenged to build on existing foundational soccer skills in a non-competitive, positive and fun atmosphere.
- Promotes a lifelong passion for a healthy and active lifestyle through soccer.
All participants MUST register and pay for their session online. An open registration will be offered on our website, www.sportingwichita.net
. Fees will be determined at each session offer. Basic player information will be required as well as medical release of the player for filing purposes. Online waivers will be also electronically signed by the parent and kept on file.
REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY
$25 of each registration is non-refundable. No refund will be given after the start of the first session of the season. Letters of credit may be issued at a prorated amount if a written request to withdraw is received no less than 7 days before the start of the first session of the season and are good only for the following season’s registration for the same program. NO REFUNDS or letters of credit will be issued for withdrawals within 7 days or less from the start of the first session of the season.
Parents will be given a refund request form, available by emailing, Linda Castillo, email@example.com
, which must be filled out completely and returned to the club registrar. It will be submitted to the club treasurer. Refund may take up to thirty days to receive.
RETURNED CHECK OR PAYMENT POLICY
A $25 fee will be collected on all returned checks or payments made to Sporting Wichita that is insufficient funds available. In addition to the payment amount of the original check or payment plus the $25 fee will be owed. The total amount should be submitted to Sporting Wichita, within 10 days of the notification of the returned payment. Failure to pay the fees within 10 days of notification will result in the cancellation of the registration.
SPORTING MINIS - “Learn to play the Sporting Way!”